SINGLE-USE TOILETRY BOTTLES
In November, Santa Cruz County became the first jurisdiction in the US to officially ban single-use plastic toiletry bottles across the hospitality industry. The measure passed unanimously, and we applaud Supervisor Zach Friend for his leadership.
Next, the City of Santa Cruz is poised to take action as well with Councilwomen Brown and Meyers taking the lead. We foresee Watsonville following suit in the near future. Also, outreach to Monterey County Board of Supervisors was underway earlier this year.
NEWS STORIES ON LOCAL SINGLE-USE TOILETRY BOTTLE BANS
- Santa Cruz County bans small plastic hotel toiletry bottles- Video by KSBW
- Santa Cruz County set to ban little plastic toiletry bottles in hotels- Mercury News
- Santa Cruz County votes to single use toiletry bottles at hotels- KION
- Big changes for small, plastic hotel toiletries in Santa Cruz County- KAZU
- Santa Cruz County declares war on mini shampoo bottles- SFGate
- This California county just took a big step forward in the war on plastics- Coastal Living
RETURN TO THE SINISTER SIX HOMEPAGE