Join Save Our Shores at Cowell & Main Beach this 4th of July to help prevent pollution!
Registration is required
Volunteer with us this 4th of July as we engage beach visitors and encourage leave-no-trace principles, hand out trash bags to prevent litter from being left behind, and discuss why trash ending up in the ocean is harmful.
*Please note this is NOT a cleanup event.
Meet Up Location: Please meet us near the stairs to Cowell Beach.
Facilities & Accessibility: Restrooms and drinking fountains are available onsite. Parking is limited, so please plan accordingly.
How to Prepare:
- All volunteers must register to participate, registration can be found here.
- We recommend that all volunteers wear closed-toed shoes, dress in layers, wear sun protection, and bring a filled reusable water bottle. Save Our Shores encourages volunteers to avoid single-use plastics at our events.
- Every participant must complete a volunteer waiver. We will have waivers available at the event, however, participants are encouraged to complete this paperwork in advance to save time and bring it with you on the day of the event. Anyone under the age of 18 will require a parent or guardian’s signature on this document.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by an adult (guardian) for the duration of the event.
- We recommend checking out this information from NOAA to prepare some talking points about marine debris!
Covid-19 Safety Instructions:
- Do not attend any Save Our Shores event if you are currently testing positive for Covid-19, experiencing known symptoms of Covid-19, or believe you have been exposed to Covid-19. If you have tested positive for COVID-19, you should complete a 5 day quarantine and receive a negative test result before attending an event.
- Participants should maintain a social distance of 6ft from others as much as possible.
- Participants should avoid touching surfaces, and don’t touch your face.
- Participants should wash your hands as soon as possible with soap and warm water. Use hand sanitizer until it is possible to wash your hands with soap and water.
If you have additional questions, please check our FAQ page.
This event is brought to you in partnership with the City of Santa Cruz