Join Save Our Shores for a cleanup along the Soquel Creek!
Please meet us on Paper Mill Rd at the bridge to Bridge St.
Help us clean up the Soquel Creek area at Bridge St! The trash that ends up on the beach also comes from our rivers and creeks, so removing waste upstream is key to preventing marine debris. This area is a hidden gem connecting two sides of Soquel from Paper Mill Rd to Bridge St. The convenience store in the area means that people frequently litter food wrappers.
Bathrooms available at the Quickstop with purchase or nearby Porter Memorial Library after 10am.
Due to public health and safety concerns caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, we are limiting participation in our cleanup events therefore, registration is required. All volunteers will be required to follow the Covid-19 safety instructions, detailed below.
Volunteers under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by an adult.
Every participant must complete TWO waivers, including the volunteer waiver AND Covid-19 waiver. We will have waivers available at the event, however, participants are encouraged to complete this paperwork in advance to save time and bring it with you on the day of the event. Anyone under the age of 18 will require a parent or guardian’s signature on all three documents.
We recommend that all volunteers wear closed-toed shoes, dress in layers, wear sun protection, and bring a filled reusable water bottle. Save Our Shores encourages volunteers to avoid single-use plastics at our cleanups. Learn more about our current campaigns to reduce plastic pollution.
All cleanup materials are provided, including trash bags, grabbers, and disposable gloves. Volunteers are also encouraged to bring their own.
You can download the Save Our Shores Marine Tally App (Apple, Google) in advance of the cleanup and use it to record the debris you collect, or you can use the paper data cards that we will provide at the event.
Covid Safety Instructions:
- Participants must maintain a social distance of 6ft from others at all times.
- Participants must wear a face mask or face covering when interacting with participants.
- Participants should avoid touching surfaces, and don’t touch your face.
- Participants should wash your hands as soon as possible with soap and warm water. Use hand sanitizer until it is possible to wash your hands with soap and water.
- Use of a disposable trash bag is recommended, the use of reusable buckets is not recommended.
- Gloves should be worn at all times. We recommend disposable gloves to prevent spreading germs. If you use reusable gloves, remove and wash them immediately. To remove gloves safely, pull glove off at your wrist and pull down toward your fingers to help turn the gloves inside out. Throw gloves away immediately after use.
- Participants should not pick up Personal Protective Equipment unless you can do so safely with a grabber.
- Data will be collected using mobile applications to prevent the exchange of materials between event facilitators and participants.
If you have additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.