701 Ocean St
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Why? Earth is drowning in plastic trash.
- A recent study found that plastic pollution in our beloved Monterey Bay Sanctuary rivals the Great Pacific Garbage Patch
- Most humans are already consuming about a credit card’s worth of plastic a week
- Previously recyclable plastic now piling up in landfills across the U.S. because China has a new policy drastically restricting its import of recyclable goods
- Only 9% of the plastic ever made has been recycled
- When we need to dramatically reduce plastic production to protect life on Earth, the Plastics Industry is planning to increase production by as much as 40% over the next decade!
By approving precedent-setting, meaningful single-use plastic reforms, Santa Cruz County can stand up to the profit-driven, “live like there’s no tomorrow” plastics industry and set a powerful example for others. LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR PLASTIC POLLUTION CAMPAIGN
- Click here to RSVP for the August 6th SCC Board of Supervisors meeting at 10:45 AM! (We’d like to coordinate speakers.)
- Click here to email the SCC Supervisors before Noon on August 5th.
- Click here to RSVP to our Facebook event for the Rally and share it to and help spread the word!