2531 W Cliff Dr
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Join Save Our Shores for a beach and trail cleanup at Natural Bridges State Beach on National Trails Day!
This June 3, you can be a part of history! Join us for the largest trail work event ever to take place in the Santa Cruz Mountains. Santa Cruz Mountains Trail Stewardship is leading 19 events throughout the region, and Save Our Shores is hosting a trail and beach cleanup event (all ages and abilities welcome) at Natural Bridges State Park in Santa Cruz, California. After a morning spent maintaining local trails, we’ll gather in DeLaveaga Park for a celebration complete with live music, free food and drink, and giveaways from top outdoor brands.
This event is free to attend, but space is limited, register today to reserve your spot!
Sign up for the Natural Bridges event here, and learn more about National Trails Day here.
Outline of the day:
10:00 a.m. — Welcome talk and project brief
10:15 a.m. — Beach Cleanup!
12 p.m. — Pack up and pack out
2 p.m. — After-party! Meet at Delaveaga Park for free food (Tacos El Chuy), drinks (Humble Sea + N/A), and raffle prizes from some of our awesome partners. We’ll also be handing out lifetime volunteer rewards, including the Ibis Cycles Ripmo AF. Don’t miss out!
Meet Up Location: Please meet us in the picnic area near the Natural Bridges State Beach visitor center parking lot.
Facilities & Accessibility: There are restrooms and drinking fountains on site. Parking is $10 per car and supports the park. There is free parking available on Delaware Ave outside the park.
How to Prepare:
- We recommend that all volunteers wear closed-toed shoes, dress in layers, wear sun protection, and bring a filled reusable water bottle. Save Our Shores encourages volunteers to avoid single-use plastics at our cleanups.
- All cleanup materials are provided, including buckets, grabbers, and gloves. Volunteers are also encouraged to bring their own.
- You can download the Save Our Shores Marine Tally App (Apple, Google) in advance of the cleanup and use it to record the debris you collect, or you can use the paper data cards that we will provide at the event.
- Every participant must complete a volunteer waiver. We will have waivers available at the event, however, participants are encouraged to complete this paperwork in advance to save time and bring it with you on the day of the event. Anyone under the age of 18 will require a parent or guardian’s signature on this document.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by an adult (guardian) for the duration of the event.