Join Save Our Shores at the Museum of the Macabre!
Come in costume and imbibe cauldron-concocted cocktails while exploring the dark side of the sea. The sixth annual Museum of the Macabre delivers more than ever with freakish festivities and special exhibits outdoors and inside the Museum’s galleries. This year’s tricks and treats will explore maritime mysteries and monsters, featuring:
- Costume contest (details below)
- Outdoor movie screening of Creature from the Black Lagoon from Westside Video
- Nautical knots, gyotaku fish prints, and other activities
- Admission to the new exhibit Maritime Mysteries and Monsters
- Special collections in partnership with Moss Landing Marine Laboratories, Pacific Grove Museum of Natural History, UC Santa Cruz, and Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute
- Treats for sale including Areperia 831, The Midway, Discretion Brewing, and curated cocktails
- Many other shocking examples of nature’s dark side…
Limited tickets available! Admission includes one free drink.
- Dress on theme for a chance to win a costume prize! This year’s theme is Maritime Mysteries and Monsters.
- Costumes should not be obstructive or offensive in nature.
- Costumes should not contain sharp or pointed objects, or materials that may accidentally strike guests or exhibits.
- Costumes should not contain any elements which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
Accessibility and COVID Protocol
- The event will occur at Tyrrell Park and inside the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History.
- Limited number of tickets available.
- Please follow local guidelines for COVID safety at the time of the event.
- The Museum and restrooms are wheelchair accessible. Park festivities will be on both level and slanted grass.