February 18, 2023 @ 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Seacliff State Beach
Join Save Our Shores and State Parks for a cleanup at Seacliff State Beach! Help us continue storm recovery efforts by cleaning up trash and other debris that has washed ashore.
No registration required for this event.
Meet Up Location: Please meet us in the upper parking lot near the top of the stairs.
Facilities & Accessibility: There are restrooms on site but require a walk down the hill or stairs to reach them. Parking in the state park lot is $10 per vehicle, free for state parks annual passholders. Lower parking is not available due to storm damage, walking of the road or stairs will be required to get down to the beach.
How to Prepare:
- We recommend that all volunteers wear closed-toed shoes, dress in layers, wear sun protection, and bring a filled reusable water bottle. Save Our Shores encourages volunteers to avoid single-use plastics at our cleanups.
- All cleanup materials are first come first served and will be limited, including buckets, grabbers, and gloves. Volunteers are encouraged to bring their own cleanup supplies in an effort to reduce the use of disposable materials.
- You can download the Save Our Shores Marine Tally App (Apple, Google) in advance of the cleanup and use it to record the debris you collect, or you can use the paper data cards that we will provide at the event.
- Every participant must complete a volunteer waiver. We will have waivers available at the event, however, participants are encouraged to complete this paperwork in advance to save time and bring it with you on the day of the event. Anyone under the age of 18 will require a parent or guardian’s signature on this document.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by an adult (guardian) for the duration of the event.
Covid-19 Safety Instructions:
- Do not attend any Save Our Shores event if you are currently testing positive for Covid-19, experiencing known symptoms of Covid-19, or believe you have been exposed to Covid-19. If you have tested positive for COVID-19, you should complete a 5 day quarantine and receive a negative test result before attending an event.
- Participants should maintain a social distance of 6ft from others as much as possible.
- Participants should avoid touching surfaces, and don’t touch your face.
- Participants should wash your hands as soon as possible with soap and warm water. Use hand sanitizer until it is possible to wash your hands with soap and water.
- Gloves should be worn at all times while collecting debris. If you use reusable gloves, remove and wash them immediately. To remove gloves safely, pull glove off at your wrist and pull down toward your fingers to help turn the gloves inside out. Throw disposable gloves away immediately after use.
- Participants should not pick up Personal Protective Equipment unless you can do so safely with a grabber.
If you have additional questions, please check our FAQ page.