Is your business, team, church or community organization looking for an environmentally focused volunteer project? If so, our Adopt-A-Levee program is perfect for you!
Each year, Save Our Shores accepts four Adopt-A-Levee groups that want to protect the San Lorenzo River watershed. To adopt part of the San Lorenzo River levee in Santa Cruz County, contact:
(831) 462-5660 ext. 5
What does it mean to Adopt-a-Levee?
• Levee-Adopters commit to scheduling and participating in at least three river cleanups a year at their adopted levee from June 2015 to June 2016.
• Save Our Shores provides all cleanup materials and coordinates permits, sweeps, and garbage collection for each group.
• A Save Our Shores representative will lead all Adopt-A-Levee cleanups and provide an educational presentation at the first cleanup. Please schedule your first cleanup during the week or on the first weekend of the month to ensure an SOS representative can join you.
• We encourage all of our Adopt-A-Levee groups to participate in either Annual Coastal Cleanup Day, Earth Day, or National River Day. These are exciting opportunities to meet other members of the community who share the same passion for protecting the San Lorenzo River!
• Group information on the Save Our Shores website and an ad in Good Times.
• A healthier San Lorenzo River watershed!
• Opportunity to re-adopt next year.
Adoptable sections of the Levee:
• San Lorenzo River at the Tannery Arts Center
• Soquel Street Bridge to Laurel Street Bridge
• Laurel Street Bridge to Riverside Avenue
• Riverside Avenue to the river mouth
2016 Adopt-a-Levee Groups: